Developer CD Projekt Red is still tinkering with Cyberpunk 2077 ahead of DLC Phantom Liberty’s September release. Case in point: The studio dropped a new patch for the open-world sci-fi RPG on June 20, detailing fixes for a number of bugs, including a few that seem to have been around since day one.
Read More: Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Tell You What Quests To Play Before The Big Phantom Liberty Expansion
Rolling out on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S, patch 1.63 addressed a plethora of problems relating to gameplay and questing. For example, the “I Walk the Line” quest in Act 2 previously had an issue where you would randomly die. That has been fixed; no more unsuspecting deaths while storming the Grand Imperial Mall. Meanwhile, some crowd NPC subtitle inconsistencies were ironed out in the Santo Domino subdistrict Rancho Coronado. And if you’ve ever bumped into an instance where devices became unusable after opening the map, you can finally tell that bug to kick rocks, as CDPR has squashed that problem, too.
But also in the patch notes are fixes to what appear to be some of the game’s more ancient bugs. Cyberpunk 2077 fans are sharing their thoughts on the latest update in the subreddit r/cyberpunkgame, indicating that the issue of the text “enemy hack in progress” remaining on the UI whenever transferring data or money might have “been in the game since 1.01,” as redditor DrunkLad and others in the comments surmised. Another issue, in which you could die while embarking on the “All Along the Watchtower” quest in the Epilogue, could have “been around since launch,” according to redditor major11f. Folks thought that, before this update, these issues were legit game features. I guess that tells you about the state Cyberpunk 2077 was in when it dropped in December 2020.
Read More: Hands-On: Phantom Liberty Is What Cyberpunk 2077 Wished It Could’ve Been
This update comes just a few months before Cyberpunk 2077‘s $30 DLC, Phantom Liberty, comes out on September 26. The upcoming expansion will introduce a number of changes to the game, including new romantic moments, a minigame based on the awesome Edgerunners anime, and additional endings, some of which won’t be gated behind Phantom Liberty’s purchase. You can read the full notes for Patch 1.63 below:
- Fixed an issue where selecting a blue dialogue option while calling Mitch twice could cause the call to be permanently stuck on the screen.
- All Along the Watchtower – Fixed an issue where V gets flatlined after crossing the border.
- Chippin’ In – It is now possible to examine all of the clues on Ebunike before becoming detected.
- Gimme Danger – Fixed an issue where there were no objectives left in the journal.
- I Walk the Line – Fixed an issue that could cause V to randomly flatline during the quest.
- Lightning Breaks – Fixed an issue where Panam wasn’t present in front of the garage and spawned inside the motel instead.
- Machine Gun – Fixed an issue where the dialogue with Skippy wasn’t activated after performing 50 kills, and it wasn’t then possible to unequip Skippy.
- Never Fade Away – Fixed an issue where Rogue despawned from the couch in the Atlantis, blocking progress.
- Only Pain – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to complete the “Defeat the cops” objective because the cops weren’t present at the intended location.
- Play It Safe – Fixed an issue where holograms and platforms in the parade disappeared after an Auto Save was loaded.
- Play It Safe – Fixed an issue where Takemura didn’t call to start the parade mission.
- Pyramid Song – Fixed an issue where Judy teleported underground after entering the church.
- Search and Destroy – Takemura will now move to his hiding spot instead of standing in the middle of the room during Arasaka’s attack.
- Sex on Wheels – Fixed an issue where the Quadra Turbo-R V-Tech spawned underground, blocking progress.
- Small Man, Big Mouth – Enemies and the van now spawn correctly.
- The Heist – Fixed an issue where Jackie wasn’t present in front of the Afterlife.
- With a Little Help from My Friends – Fixed an issue where the Nomads weren’t present at the train station.
- Fixed some instances where some gigs were stuck in the “Undiscovered” stage and didn’t start after approaching the area.
- Fixed an issue where regular subtitles appeared instead of overhead subtitles for some crowd NPCs in Rancho Coronado.
- Gig: Bloodsport – V will no longer be reflected standing backwards when looking in the mirror in the dojo bathroom.
- Gig: Last Login – Fixed an issue where it was possible to pick up the quest item before the quest was activated, breaking the flow of the mission.
- Gig: Going-away Party – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to get in the car with Flavio.
- Gig: Guinea Pigs – All the security robots in the hotel now properly engage in combat.
- Gig: On a Tight Leash – Fixed an issue that could cause the gig to be stuck without an objective after completing it.
- Gig: Serial Suicide – Fixed an issue where the quest could reactivate again after completion and become stuck on the “Steal the CCTV footage” objective.
- Reported Crime: Blood in the Air – Fixed an issue where the quest was stuck on the “Search the crate” objective even after searching the crate.
- Reported Crime: Comrade Red – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to search the stash.
- Fixed an issue where, while transferring money or data, the UI showed the “Enemy hack in progress” text.
- Fixed an issue where devices could become unusable after opening the map.
- Fixed an issue where the FSR toggle wasn’t grayed out after restarting the game with Dynamic Resolution Scaling on.
- Fixed an issue where some surfaces had color artifacts when Path Tracing was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where bright, colorful flashes appeared at the edges of certain objects when DLSS was enabled.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on launch when using Razer Chroma.
- Fixed an issue where Photo Mode screenshots could appear as empty files and brought them back to their original folder location.
- Improved performance of DLSS Frame Generation on AMD CPUs.
- Changed the number of available save slots on Xbox to 20 for manual saves and 10 for Point of No Return saves. Players who have a number of saves that exceeds the new save limit will need to delete some saves to be able to create new saves.
- Addressed an issue affecting performance on Xbox Series X|S after playing for an extended period of time.
- Photo Mode stickers and frames will now properly appear on screenshots.
- Padre will now recognize Corpo and Nomad V in the intro holocall.
- Allowed deploying mods from a listing file.
- Updated command help texts.